Integrated system to produce bio-synthetics from wastes
By Stan Barnes·Jul 15, 2013
The company holds Letters of Intent to purchase from SkyNRG for sustainable aviation fuels and Tryline Group, distributor of ethylene glycol, the initial product, which will be sold to converters who manufacture polyester and polyethylene.
Would you describe your planetary impact as zero, low or positive, and why? Our planetary impact can be very positive:
1. We use regulated wastes: CO2 in air and N,P,K from wastewater to grow high-yield algae strains.
2. By absorbing CO2 and N,P,K, we reduce atmospheric CO2 and also absorb harmful pollutants to allow reuse of water
3.Further, we use both liquid CO2 and NOx from power- or cement-plant exhausts to coagulate and begin separating lipids from algae
4. Our products replace or augment products derived from petroleum: ethylene glycol, fuels, animal feeds
Please describe your Implementation or Go-To-Market Strategy, including context on overall addressable market and insight regarding existing and future customer base. Who will be your first customers and how will you reach them? Who are the total anticipated customers for this innovation? The company holds Letters of Intent to purchase from SkyNRG for sustainable aviation fuels and Tryline Group, distributor of ethylene glycol, the initial product, which will be sold to converters who manufacture polyester and polyethylene.
Does your innovation increase the positive social impacts of the making and materials of fabrics? This innovative process delivers several positive manufacturing social impacts:
1. By removing regulated waste CO2 and N,P,K from global atmosphere and waters we directly contribute to improved health impacts.
2. We provide jobs for underserved workers in an environment that shows the benefits of further education, and we encourage and support our workers to increase their skills as we expand into global markets.
3. By increasing the 'bio' content of both polyester and polyethylene we reduce negative impacts of current petroleum refining operations
4. As we supply increasing volumes of biofeedstocks we will encourage others to do the same and develop new products and processes
5. Our process can reduce transportation emissions now required to make and use fabrics
6. We create more local jobs, and provide advancement potential for entry-level workers
A Candidate Statement (1.5 page limit) that clearly describes your unique product or service offering, articulates what is 'game-changing' about your company or organization and states specifically how you believe LAUNCH could accelerate your efforts. If your innovation increases the visibility, accessibility, traceability, and usability of data in materials, please describe how. If your innovation improves economic opportunity and incorporates poor, excluded and/or vulnerable populations in the business model (on the supply or demand side), please describe how. Launch Candidate Statement.pdf